Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's All a Blur...

Just home from my afternoon class, day 55 of the challenge. I don't know what to say about it, because my mind was elsewhere for a lot of the class. I've had a stressful, emotional day, and once I got in the yoga room, I just zoned out. I was doing the postures, but I was not present for many of them. I don't even remember most of them. Since my mood was not so great, I had to struggle against some irrational irritability, like being really annoyed with the instructor's voice.

During eagle, my foot slipped and I went down. Yikes. Eagle is usually one of my showpieces! My knee killed me during first set of bow, and I tried to readjust a couple of times with no success. Second set, it was just fine. Surprisingly, I had a good solid camel pose today, both sets. I was thinking about things that make me angry, and without realizing it, I kind of lifted up into camel being carried by the adrenaline of rage. Then I noticed, "Hey, my hips are really far forward and I've got a really good grip on my heels!" It was really nice to have that happy yoga feeling come in to soften up the anger.

Before class, I was thinking about working with breath and positive thoughts to try to get my mind into a better place. I just couldn't do it. But going through class, having something to focus on, even if my focus wasn't there, and maybe just the pure physical detox of class too--these things worked together to bring me a little bit of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment