Friday, February 19, 2010

Almost Halfway!

Day 50! Class was good tonight!

This week, I've noticed some resistance bubbling up in my thoughts. It usually happens very early on in the class. I will find myself thinking, "Oh, God, another class...I'm so bored..." but once I catch myself with the thought, I generally find my mind settling on something else: the breath, the specifics of a posture, the dialogue, the corrections, my reflection in the mirror. And then before I know it, we're almost done with class.

When I wake up in the morning, sometimes I just want to sink back into sleep, stay comfortable and warm under the duvet, delay the need to make any effort. At yoga class, I find my mind just wants to sink into safe, comfortable thoughts and awareness, the lazy kind that require little or no focus or effort. But just as I usually feel pretty good once I get out of bed and start my day, I find class engrossing and interesting once we're past pranayama.

Today, I had the "ho hum" thoughts during pranayama, but I just suddenly kicked into gear and felt focused on practice. But then, at some point, I just spaced out entirely. I don't know where my mind was! I had no memory of doing bow pose, and suddenly we were done with fixed firm. Weird.

I can't believe we are at Day 50 already, and I hope that I will continue to see and feel improvements in my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment