Friday, February 12, 2010

47 on 43

I turned 47 years old today, Day 43 of the Bikram 101 Challenge. Morning class with one of my favorite instructors felt relatively easy. It wasn't particularly hot or humid. I always do pretty well in the cooler, drier conditions, but I always feel like a cheater!

Encouraging signs today:

I kicked out and held the posture the entire time for standing head to knee, right side, both sets. That's progress for me. I still struggle to straighten my left leg when I kick it out, but I did better than usual on that side too.

Camel didn't kill me today. I am often reluctant to even try camel. It's usually just fine, once I summon the courage to try it. Today, I just did it without having a fearful little argument with myself.

And I didn't drink any water at all until after kapalbhati breathing. I'm sure that this was made easier by the slightly lower temperature & humidity, but it felt good to know that I actually could make it through classs without my usual party time swig, the drink before savasana, and my fixed firm water break.

I drove across town to teach right after I finished yoga class. Now, after late lunch, I am sleepy and content.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! :) We are same age...I turn 47 in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!

    Good work on the Camel! I totally know what you mean there. It's such a terrifying posture for me in that room, and with the adjustment to the new meds I'm still having to take it easy. But they say it's so good for you, so I try to get through at least one good set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Getting younger every year, I bet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete