Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 51--New Inspiration

We had the most gorgeous, early spring weather today! I rode my bike to the yoga studio, enjoying the fresh air and the warm sunshine. I attended our studio's community yoga class this morning, and I loved it. It was great to be practicing in a full room with a huge group of enthusiastic new students. The energy was high, and class was just a joy. Because I have had plenty of days when yoga is difficult and class seems endless, it was just freaking amazing to see how hard these newbies worked.

One of studio's regulars, a woman who's been practicing Bikram yoga for more than 15 years, was there this morning with a group of young people. She teaches a yoga class at a local community college, and she offered her students extra credit to attend Bikram community yoga class. It was a culturally diverse group of kids and they all seemed really into the practice. Other regulars brought in wives, brothers, neighbors, and co-workers. After class, a very overweight woman said to me, "I loved this. I feel like I'm already addicted to yoga. I'm coming back tomorrow." Watching the new folks' eyes light up and hearing them talk about how surprised and pleased they were with class was inspiring to me.

Last weekend, watching the advanced yogis compete inspired me, and this weekend, I got inspired by the beginners. And every week, I get some inspiration from reading all of the wonderful Bikram 101 bloggers. When my energy starts flagging, I have all these amazing sources of inspiration all around me. I'm so grateful!

3 comments:

  1. "Last week, advanced, this week, beginners"--very nice! I love that sentiment and am glad you had a great class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you have found some new inspiration in the beginners. Every day is a new beginning. It is just to start over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when people find the yoga working for them. It's just so inspiring. I think I managed to convince a person to start the 30 day challenge today. I'll be looking forward to see more of him at the studio. Changing the world view one small perspective at the time, one small correction at the time.

    ReplyDelete