Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 53

One more day of yoga done. I was very tired and very cranky today, and I contemplated skipping class this afternoon. I spent a big portion of my afternoon arguing with my ex-partner. Not fun. And I didn't really have the chance to do any proper hydrating today, and I hadn't eaten much. I was sure that class would be hellish. I left for class late, and as I drove to the studio, I was thinking, "Well, if I don't make it in time, at least I won't have to do yoga today."

Resistance! Here again!

Of course I am glad that I went, and I had a much better class than I expected. I was comfortable with the temperature and humidity levels, and I had my best ever day for standing bow. I held the posture the entire time, both sides, both sets. I've never done that before. Yes, my knee drifted out a bit and I had to level my hips to get it back into line, and no, I can't come close to standing splits or anything, but my form is pretty good, and my balance was there today. Yea.

The rest of class flew by, and I didn't hate camel today. Nothing was painful today--at yoga, at least--which is a nice respite during this dragged out break-up. Ex is dragging his feet about getting his belongings out of my house & I am longing to make a clean sweep of it.

I have been feeling a little off these last couple of days. I feel hungry, as if something is missing from my diet, but I can't pinpoint what it is. I wake up feeling tired and a little congested, very slightly headache-y. Don't know what to do except to keep going to yoga, try to eat better, get enough sleep. I wish that I had enough money to spring for a massage or acupuncture or something. I may investigate some low-cost options...

I'm glad I made it to class today, just very glad that I made it.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting to class!!!
    Sometimes the consistency of the class is what we need, we know what to expect, there are no surprises and we can just be.
    And awesome for holding Standing Bow for both sets the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I didn't hate camel today" made me laugh; I gauge some classes like that too. I sometimes feel hungry too, but then - and this is going to sound so cheesy/awfully New Agey - I think it might be my soul... Even though I have a fabulous partner now, there is still a void where my last relationship used to be. And I feel it it my guts...

    But maybe you just need a cookie?
    :) hugs to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your camel is my rabbit! I used to HATE camel. But then I started doing all these stupid cheering Rah Rah! things in my head. Like "Camel Camel, Rah Rah Rah, Camel Camel blah blah blah". I say it in a mentally peppy way. It always makes me smile, how silly it is. Maybe you could try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, I love rabbit! It's always come easily to me, unlike most of the postures. From the very first class, teachers have often told me I had a good rabbit.
    But you are right--doing little cheers in my head or whatever it takes--the thing I need to do most in camel is to have a positive attitude about it! The rest will follow!

    ReplyDelete