Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two more down, 88 to go...

Hey, this consecutive classes deal really works! I am generally feeling better physically, in spite of the occasional tired muscle or light strain. In my normal day-to-day activities, I feel more relaxed, my joints feel looser, with better range of motion, and I am more energized.

It's been looong time since yoga made me feel this good. I am finally hitting my stride, feeling replenished by yoga and not depleted. I averaged 4 classes/week in 2009, and that felt like a lot of yoga to me, especially when I was working full-time and going to school part time. I expected to see some differences from practicing more frequently, but frankly, I feared that it might really suck the life out of me, leave me really exhausted. In the past, I've often told myself it was okay to skip yoga because I needed the rest and recuperation. I guess that's not always the case!

I have no earth-shattering insights or break-throughs to report. I figured out my knee alignment issue in floor bow, but the key to half-locust still eludes me. All in all, I feel like my practice is coming along quite nicely!

One of my instructors is fon of saying that Bikram Yoga never gets easy, but it does get better. Yup.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much energy can be released in classes. Especially on consecutive days. Went to a morning class today and for the first 4 hours at work I was struggling to stay still.

    ReplyDelete