Monday, January 18, 2010

Onward...

My Friday double had me tuckered out, and I slept long and hard that night. I worried about my Saturday class, thinking that I'd suffer from fatigue after doing a double. Saturday was just fine, though. Class was taught by a teacher who jokes a lot but encourages us. The 90 minutes flew by. I was a little wobbly in some balancing postures, but I felt fine, did all of the postures, and managed to keep my water consumption during class to a minimum.

The yoga truck drove into town on Sunday. I wasn't run over, and I wasn't even really truly hit by it, but the bumper did graze up against me. In awkward pose, my quadriceps felt as if some sort of slow-drying cement had been poured between the muscle fibers. I didn't feel pain, and I didn't feel weakness or strain, but it seemed to require more effort to make those leg muscles work. Other than that, it was a pretty good class.

I am off to evening class tonight. On Monday nights, I clean the studio after the last class. In exchange, I get unlimited yoga classes at a drastic discount. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford unlimited yoga. I'm hoping to write in greater detail tonight about some thoughts and observations I've had about the challenge.

3 comments:

  1. The yoga truck! I love it! I had one of those days, that's for sure...

    How awesome the studio lets you get the discounted classes! What's involved in cleaning up? (I'm always curious about stuff like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn that truck! It's been here in Vegas alot, I thought I was keeping it occupied over here! Sorry to hear it made an appearance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yolk E, my cleaning job involves hanging up all of the rental yoga mats and spraying them with a natural nontoxic disinfectant; throwing a load or two of towels in the washer, stocking the 2 restrooms with TP, paper towels, hand soap, etc; cleaning the restrooms; scrubbing down 2 shower stalls & disinfecting them; vacuuming the whole studio; and cleaning the smudges and splashes of sweat off of the mirrors. If I'm on top of it, I can finish up in <2 hrs.

    ReplyDelete