Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sleepy

I don't know the reason for it, but I am thoroughly exhausted.

I ended up loving class on Tuesday. I ate a very healthy dinner, did some reading, and went to bed early. I slept about 10 hours and just couldn't seem to wake up at all on Wednesday. I taught at the senior living place and went to a 4:30 PM Bikram class. It was not my best class, but not terrible. I found myself a bit out of breath and just tired afterward. Waiting in line for the showers, other regular students pronounced the class, "Brutal" and "Too hot." I can't tell what's hot or not anymore. I used to always feel too hot, no matter what, and now I just can't tell unless it's extra extra extra extremely different than normal.

Last night, again, I hit the hay early, and I slept like a slightly achy log for almost 11 hours. I dreamed about yoga all night: I dreamed that old friends from other places that I've lived were all in yoga classes with me. I dreamed about one of my favorite teachers, who is leaving our studio. I dreamed I was taking classes with him in a strange new studio.

I'm sure that I must need the extra rest, for whatever reason, in order to work out some issue or another, but I'm hoping that the groggy sleepy days are coming to an end soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dreams are so funny, aren't they? In the past week, I've been thinking so much about yoga--not doing it enough, doing it too much, etc. Must have gotten to my subconscious because I have dreamed about meeting/taking a class from Bikram three times now!

    Rest up!

    ReplyDelete