Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 77--Not Over Yet...

I went to a morning class today, and if i can get across town in time for the 6:30 this evening, I'm going to do a double. It was a fine class, but I really felt that morning stiffness in the first backbend and the first forward bend. I want to do more morning classes. I am such a night person! Morning practice is a whole different thing.

Today, the teacher spoke at length about accepting where you're at in each moment, about not judging ourselves or our practice, just accepting them and being present for them. I love those sorts of reminders. I find it very encouraging, inspiring.

Off to finish work and drink more water!

2 comments:

  1. I had a teacher who said the same thing to us today! It was super-hot and we were dropping like flies. I sat out a couple of sets. Toward the end, she encouraged us to stay present and not think about what happened in the class--we got through it. That's enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to always talk about self acceptance in the practice... it's what the yoga is all about for me. Every teacher has a different slant on it.

    ReplyDelete