Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 73: About Realignment

Still feeling a bit under the weather and not very energetic or ambitious. Yoga and the hot room feel so good though. I could feel something clearing out in my congested lungs during class, feel my sinuses opening. It certainly wasn't a rock star class, but I made it through again, and I feel better for it.

I'm experiencing some awful aching in my left knee and much of the lower leg. It's the same dull ache that I've attributed to realignment, but it is intensifying in one area. I mentioned it to my teacher after class, and we got out an anatomy book and talked about what might be going on. I am still convinced that the pain is part of realignment. We talked about keeping the weight distributed evenly all over the foot, to avoid causing any additional strain to my lower leg, but mostly I just have to hang in there and endure and wait for the yoga to bring my bones into proper alignment.

I have mentioned before that my toes and mild 'bunion' have been straightening out because of my yoga practice. I've also noticed that my legs and hips line up much better. When I began yoga, I was slightly bowlegged, couldn't get my knees very near each other when my feet were together. Now, standing straight with my heels and toes together, my legs touch together inside the knees. My scoliosis seems less pronounced as well. Yoga really truly seems to be realigning my entire skeletal system.

I want to write about emotional realignment, what I am experiencing as I go through the ending of my relationship, but I can't quite express what I want to say. All I know is this: Change can be painful, whether it's emotional or physical. You needn't get attached to your pain, and if you do, you are likely to prolong it. If you're willing to face your pain and feel it, you can start to heal from it. You can emerge from painful realignment, whether emotional or physical, with more strength, with a firmer foundation, with better flexibility. Fireproof, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray for alignment in the feet, the legs, the back!

    I am crocked-legged and had to have one knee in front of the other in the beginning, but now I can have them side by side even if they still are tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Sisya. I am sorry you're still in the thick of things emotionally, but I definitely understand that it can take a while to get the distance needed to write with some clear perspective.

    I've noticed my feet changing, too! I was even going to post about that tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though we know we need to face the pain to get through it, it still doesn't make it any easier to bear. Glad you have Bikram to help you through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete