Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No sleep, plenty of energy...

I had to get up early today, and I didn't sleep well last night. I got four or five hours of sleep, but no more than an hour at a time. I felt very very sleepy during my training sessions for work, but once I got to yoga, I felt great. I had a fabulous class with no fatigue at all.

How weird is that? Especially since I felt run down and ill yesterday.

I've noticed this before, that I often have pretty good classes on days when I am sleep deprived. I've always heard stories of how Bikram keeps everyone up late at teacher training, but maybe there really is some process whereby we tap into a secret store of energy when we don't get much sleep. Hmm.

1 comment:

  1. I find the same thing to be true, Sisya. A little sleep deprivation ironically helps my practice!

    I've also been going through a phase where I'm sleeping 6-7 hours/night, rather than my preferred 7-8 hours. I *should* be tired during the day as a result, but I'm just not. Totally have the yoga to thank on that one.

    ReplyDelete